Frequently Asked Questions
With 25 years of technology experience, we've answered a lot of questions, and we've compiled the most commonly asked ones. Here you will find answers to questions regarding the Fixed Assets Manager product and Online Hosting of FAM. If you don't see your question, or you would rather speak to us directly, please call us any time at 800.224.1260.
Fixed Asset Manager FAQs
Functionality in Fixed Asset Manager
- Does FAM support the Bonus depreciation calculations?
- Is there a way to print consolidated reports and forms?
- Can we get forcasting data for existing assets?
- Can the system handle mass changes by asset class or asset type?
- Is there an easy way to tell in the software how many assets you have recorded?
- Is it possible to report multi-component assets while tracking each purchase separately? How?
- We purchase multiple assets on one invoice and want to track them individually. Is this possible?
- We have subsidiaries that need to be tracked both individually and under the 100% owner, is this possible?
- We want to depreciate an upgrade over the remaining original life of the asset. Is this possible?
- When we extend a lease, the lives of the improvements are also extended. Can the system handle this?
- When we transfer assets is it possible to have the depreciation continue from the original purchase date?
Import and Conversion
- Can the program import Existing Asset Data from Excel?
- When converting existing assets from another program, will the software be able to calculate and report accumulated depreciation?
Licensing Fixed Asset Manager
- Do I need to license the software each year or is it a one-time license fee with annual fees for technical support?
- Do the multi-user/network price quotes also include the possibility of using the terminal server environment?
System Requirements and Setup
- Can FAM be deployed at Multiple Sites?
- Can FAM be deployed in a Wide Area Network (WAN)?
- How much space will FAM require?
- Why Does the Log File Grow So Large?
Online Hosting FAQs
Online Hosting vs. Traditional Installation
- What is FAM Online?
- What is an ASP?
- How is using a hosted solution different from what I do now?
- Why does Red Moon Solutions use a third-party hosting company?
- How will I access the FAM application online hosting service?
- Can I have a local FAM installation as well as the FAM service?
- How many people can use my FAM service?
- What if I do not have an internet connection?
- Won't working over the internet be slower than running the software internally?
- What are the specifications of the server that my software will sit on?
- My company data will be traveling over the internet. Is it secure?
- How safe is my data?
- What about backup and recovery procedures?
- Can I arrange it so users can only see their own data?
Who Does What?
How Do I?
- How do I print reports?
- How do I import data to the FAM online hosting server?
- How do I perform entity backups from the FAM service?
- How does the FAM Online solution benefit my tax department?
- What does the hosted FAM service provide?
- How can I justify FAM Online versus having the software installed in-house?